Friday 24 April 2015

Getting A Higher Quality Tools

After my few practice with watches, I realize that better quality tool is a must in watchmaking. Screwdriver, Loupe and Tweezer these are basic tools that we use daily. I was using "high quality" Chinese made screwdriver and loupe ... but it just don't cut it on the smaller scale of screws.

Decide to give Tai Sang Watch Shop in Wisma Selangor at Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur a visit, they are the Bergeon authorized agent here. They do sell other brand like Horotec but not as a set.

So got myself a Bergeon 30081-S09 Screwdriver set, Bergeon No 2611 5x Loupe and a pair of Brass Tweezer. The Screwdriver set price is comparable if I purchased online, and after factoring in the shipping charges it could be cheaper to buy it from Tai Sang.
The loupe is much needed, since the Chinese made loupe optics is not that good and straining my eye. So a good loupe is a must to prevent spoiling my eyesight.. and must not compromise on this one.
One look at the lens I can tell it's high quality.. and the clarity is much better.
The screwdriver set is superb and feel very solid in the hands, its obvious for that price range.
On the right is the Chinese set that I was using, the different is night and day, so much easier on the smaller screws where the cheaper set fail due to soft tip.

Slowly will replace all my cheaper tools with better quality from either A*F, Horotec or Bergeon. Since these tools gonna last a life time and I will be using it daily.. I guess it worth the price that I am paying it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments